Thursday, December 11, 2008

balls

so scott won't play the lottery on fridays because he doesn't want to wait until monday to drive to lansing to collect his winnings, should he win. funny and a fact i never knew about until a few days ago. how can a person live with another for so long without knowing some of their cute little quirks?

to mark my 44th year on this planet, i've resigned myself to the fact that i can really no longer see like i could just three years ago. this whole vision thing first raised its ugly head when i was eating dinner each night. my food, as it came close to my mouth on the silverware, would become blurry. i had hoped this was due to tiredness or something but no, it got worse. after giving in and going to the eye doctor who told me my eyeballs were old and wearing out-- a normal part of life (bla, bla, bla). i came home with glasses and contacts.

now i have two pairs of glasses, regular contacts and contacts that turn my boring brown eyes to sparkling blue. i figured i may as well have fun with my new-found blindness. the contacts are great but i can't see anything when i wear them to work. so i started wearing the glasses yesterday--all day and evening. for those of you that have worn glasses forever, learning to wear glasses is not easy.

now i can see myself and everyone else. this is scary. and now i know why old people have hair growing out of their noses and ears and such--they just can't see it. so where is this going? no where: just seeing things again and thought you all should be aware of it because i'm really looking at you these days.

4 comments:

Ugly Scott said...

please don't look too closely at me until i become beautiful again. maybe around march. i feel pretty in march.

Ugly Angie said...

so all those times i have asked you if i had something in my teeth, i probably did and you just couldn't see it...need help with glasses/contacts, just ask me---I have been Four-Eyes since the age of 11...as for your blue contacts, just don't wear them around me...i have a very strong opinion against them, which is inconsistent with my own actions and based on nothing---- but i can't tell you...refer to my blog on November 19th...

Ugly Angie said...

okay---i will tell you: ur eyes are beautiful!!!! they are the windows to your soul ---as cliche as that is---and now you have tinted them---they aren't your eyeballs anymore...you aren't uglylisa when you wear them...

Joseph Martin III said...

My eyes started taking occasional focusing vacations shortly before my 40th birthday in August.

They would send me postcards from Rome, Prague, Dharmasala, Tokyo....unfortunately I would have to wait until they returned to read what they said. Clever, cheeky bastards, those eyes are.

So I envy your extra 4 years of beautiful clear vision.